An original recipe by Alejandro Garza
Prep time: 45 min.
Cooking time: 20 min.
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano (rub together in hands)
1 teaspoon dried parsley (rub together in hands)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Salt to taste
4 tablespoons melted butter
2-3 lbs. chicken quarters (remove skin & fat)
- Fry the chicken for 3 minutes on each side (this will seal in the juices).
- Let the chicken cool about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix the first 5 ingredients mix well.
- After the chicken cools to the touch, place it in melted butter then in seasoning mix.
- Place chicken in an oiled backing dish.
- Drizzle remaining melted butter and seasoning over chicken.
- Bake at 450 deg. for 15-20 min. or until done (internal temp of 165 deg.).